A marriage proposal should be special and one that will be remembered for a lifetime. If you are visiting or live anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic, you have many opportunities to have a unique and romantic proposal, without breaking the bank
Proposing in the Mid-Atlantic offers many opportunities for both unique and romantic proposals.
Marriage Proposals at Historical/Educational Sites in the Mid-Atlantic
The Mid-Atlantic is home to many of the most visited historical/educational sites. These landmarks can make for both a romantic and memorable proposal. Some places to consider include:
- The Reflecting Pool or one of the monuments (i.e. the Lincoln Memorial or Washington Monument) at the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
- The Liberty Bell in Philadephia.
- The National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. (choose from many special locales including the Sculpture Garden).
- The Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.
- The American Visionary Art Museum (Inner Harbor) in Baltimore.
- The U.S.S. Constellation (a warship housed in Baltimore).
- The Philadephia Museum of Art.
- The U.S.S. Constitution (a warship housed in Boston).
- The Empire State Building (the Observation Deck) in New York City.
Proposing Marriage at Spas/Resorts in the Mid-Atlantic
Make it a special weekend by proposing at one of the many luxurious spas and resorts in the Mid-Atlantic such as:
- Hershey Resort (a resort for chocolate lovers, located just outside of Harrisburg, PA).
- The Poconos Mountains (romantic resort town in northeastern Pennsylvania).
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay (beautiful Four-Diamond resort and spa in Maryland with breathtaking views of the Choptank River).
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa (a luxury, Four-Diamond hotel in Lake Placid, New York).
- The Waldorf Astoria (extreme luxury in New York city).
- Castle Hill Resort and Spa in Vermont (ideal for couples who enjoy skiing and other outdoor activities).
Other Special Places to Propose Marriage in the Mid-Atlantic
There are various places that you can propose in the Mid-Atlantic. Make your proposal a unique one at one of these locations:
- Top of the World (an observation deck in Baltimore).
- Logan Circle Fountain in Philadelphia.
- The ice skating rink at Central Park or Rockefeller Center in New York City.
- The Love Scultpure in Philadelphia.
- Propose on a dinner train such as the Wilmington Western Railroad in Delaware.
The possibilites for proposing marriage in the Mid-Atlantic are endless! In addition to the above, you can propose at a favorite sporting event, restaurant/cafe, broadway theater, symphony or one of the many jazz clubs on the east coast. With careful planning and just the right location, you are sure to get a response of flowing tears and a resounding – YES.