Smart phones have made it easier to travel the world, because you have so much information available at your finger tips. If you are planning a trip, then there are several apps that can help while you are on the road:
- FlightTrack: Keeping up with your flight information is simple with this app, because it allows you to see details about thousands of international flights. You can look at maps that share detailed information about flight cancellations, delays, and departure gates.
- Google Maps: Using the GPS feature on your phone can be helpful, but sometimes you need a map in areas where you don’t have a data connection. Google Maps allows you to download maps that can be used offline.
- XE Currency: Keeping track of currency exchange rates is easy when you are using XE Currency, because this free app is simple to use and provides real-time currency rates. It is always accurate, so that you can quickly calculate the currency rates before you make the exchange.
- TripAdvisor: Whether you are trying to decide on a place for dinner or you are looking for a hotel to book, TripAdvisor can be a great resource to make sure that you have a high quality experience. With the TripAdvisor app you can easily read reviews online, so that you can make an informed decision.
- JetLag Genie: One of the hardest things about travelling is trying to adjust to the new time zone. With this app, you can slowly adjust your sleeping habits to adapt more quickly when you arrive to your destination. You input the travel destination and dates, and the app allows you to set alarm clocks which will gradually alter your sleeping patterns.
- Evernote: This app can be used in many different ways, and it is a great tool to use while traveling. Evernote allows you to take notes and have your information consolidated in one location. Your notes may include things such as your packing list, addresses, photos, email confirmations, and things to do. The best thing about this app is that it syncs with your computer and other devices, so if you lose your phone then you will still be able to access your information.
- Tipulator: It can be hard to keep up with tipping rules in different countries, and if you leave a tip that is too much or too little, then you might cause offense to the waiter. Use this app to calculate your tip on a meal, so that you are always paying the right amount.
- Google Translate: International travel requires a translate app so that you can quickly understand foreign words. With Google Translate, you can look at the dictionary offline in order to avoid roaming charges that are incurred when you are using your data plan internationally.
- Skyscanner: Booking flights is a breeze when you are using Skyscanner, because it allows you to quickly view available flights. This tool can help you to find cheap flights and book them on the spot.
If you are planning a trip, then it is a good idea to download these apps before you leave, so that you can take a little bit of time to learn how to use them. Having the right tools available on your phone will make it easier to travel, because you will have all of the information that you need.